Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bloggiversary.

Did anyone notice I changed the background? It's a picture of a stick figure clicking a picture of a snail against a warm color scheme. The colors just bring me closer to summer, which has been slowly slipping away in these cold days. That's why I thought of the background as decent. But do you have another background in mind? Talk to me, on the left.

Today is such a tragic day. I'm always so indifferent while climbing stairs. I mean, what can be exciting about stairs, they are just. stairs. Escalators are still a little exciting, but no one notices stairs, okay? Unless it's the stairway to heaven. But even in that case, you're trying to get to heaven, and the stairs are just sort of like little obstacles that you have to cross. And waise bhi, when was the last time you counted the number of steps you took to reach the top of a flight of stairs, or noticed the floral/dotted designs on it? Maybe my ignorance is why, today I just simply got so lost in the mundane-ness of stairs that I overlooked the last three steps, fell down, and twisted my ankle.

Lovely. Now I can't dance for the Bloggiversary.

Aaah, why am I so irresponsible and posting this entry 9 days late? What was I doing 9 days ago? I have been so dazed and loaded with assignments that this Bloggiversary thing just totally slipped my mind! In fact, I haven't been blogging for a while. But you can't really blame me. I'm in the !2th gr@de, and snatching 4-hour sleeps, and spending the rest of the day in Hell-Utopia, while trying not to drown in caffeine. Ugh, I feel so unhealthy.

Anyhoo, I will try not to get my pre-college woes into today's blog entry. Because today - 9 days was/is a special day. I'm at this very special place today- I'm in the midpoint. This is the point where I look back, look at the present, and look into the future and make inaccurate predictions about what is to happen to this blog.

LE PAST
After mini-decades of fulfilling my writing urges on pieces of scratch paper and incomplete word documents, I decided that it is time that I share my writing to the world, and maybe gain some recognition. My first brilliant idea was to create a novel, but I found it too formal and unworthy of someone so lazy as me, so I came up with another brilliant idea, which stayed in my head like a tiny centipede for days, before it began to tickle.
Me: Yo, I wanna make a blog!
Yo: No you can't, you suck.
Me: No! I think I can do this!
Yo: You will make a blog, be thrilled for a few days, then ship it off to Manila as you wipe the spiderwebs off your fingers.
Me: You're such a pessimist.... you just wait and watch, yo. I'm gonna make me a blog!

So one fine day, on the October of 2012, I sat down and made this blog. I didn't really have to brainstorm much, having pre-brainstormed the night before, and pre-pre-brainstormed the week before, but I did have to spend some sweat on figuring out a decent layout, background, etc. Eventually, when I was satisfied, I quickly typed a blog entry, made a horrible little drawing on Paint, and published it. Shared it on a few social networking sites, then waited.

PRE-SAAANT
I must say, the present is so pleasant! When I look back at Le Past, I don't see much difference in my writing style (do you?), but I think my drawing skills have improved a bit, heh. I started off with 0 views, and 2 followers- 2, because I blackmailed and bribed a couple of my friends into making Google accounts and following my blog, to which only 2 people actually listened. However, today, I have 3188 views, an awesomesaucerful of awesome people following my blog, a beautiful amount of emails and prompts to encourage me to continue writing, and this overwhelming sense of accomplishment. I mean, hey, Neil Armstrong may have walked the moon and accomplished something awesome. But I think I rocked the Earth (or at least, the virtual Earth/internet), and feel a great sense of accomplishment.

Honestly, I am just SO HAPPY! I think I'm gonna start crying... never did I think that people would actually read/ follow my blog on a regular basis! I want to acknowledge my readers from all over the world who read my blog, seriously guys, you keep me going. When I see people from all sorts of nationalities gaining access to my blogs somehow, I just feel so accomplished and so happy! Thank you all SO SO SO much, for making this blogging experience for me a truly incredible experience, and I can assure you, I won't be shipping this beloved blog of mine to Manila any time soon. :*

LE FUTURE
You know how people have different theories for the Earth's future? Some go way ahead and predict an assortment of apocalypses to freak everyone out, whilst others rewind a little, and focus on this sort of world with flying cars and unicorn-bellhops. Now, I am most certainly not denying the possibility of an apocalypse for this blog, neither am I denying the possibility of a wondrous makeover and advancement, so that if I get rich by any chance, I could make this blog an official website and use all sorts of gadgets to make this blog like really really cool.

I can't predict the future accurately, but I do know one thing. Some people love grinding teeth, and others love yodeling, and the skies may fall down and butterflies may turn back to catterpillars, but I will keep writing, and love writing, because writing is like the masala to my curry, or the lice found in a hobo's unkempt hair. Those are two very strange and irrelevant analogies, but seriously people, I love writing, and this is totally something I wanna keep doing for as long as I physically can. So yes, Le Future for Fancy Awakenings seems rather fancy.


Well, I think I was gracious enough for this little blogpost. And well, if you read all this, thank you so very much. I most certainly can not continue blogging without your support, beloved reader! So please keep visiting my blog whenever you can, and I promise I'll work hard and show absolute gratitude towards my readers, however I can.

Wooot! Blog baby, you're a year old now!

 


Love always,

6 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your accident! But I am glad for your Bloggiversary! :D
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

songbird said...

Well, that was a very stupid accident, to be honest. But I've been recovering! And thank you so much <3

Anonymous said...

I was waitingg for your entryy, songbird! Happy Bloggiversary! :D

songbird said...

Hahah thank youu!

Ghadeer said...

Happy birthday to your blog! I wish your blog a very long, fulfiling life :)

songbird said...

Thank you so much! :')